Thursday, October 18, 2007

Quote of the Day

I am "reading" (listening on CD's) Thirteen Moons the new book by Charles Fraizer.

In the story Will, the main character, is speaking with Bear the chief of the Cherokees'. Bear asks Will to translate the Bible for him. Bear then makes this comment:

"In the end he (Bear) said he judged the Bible a sound book. Nevertheless he wondered why white people were not better than they are having had it for so long. He promised just as soon as white people achieved Christianity he would recommend it to his own people."

I wonder too...

By the way the book so far is simply outstanding!

3 comments:

PP said...

hey who is editing my posts??? and adding labels?

thanks!

LS said...

I did, sorry. I add labels to posts so it will be easier to find them later.

O.K. said...

They have just read it with/without (pick your choice) careful selection. Want to read about violence, war and genocide? Check out the bible...