Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ebon army battlepack


This is a creation that I created called 'Ebon army battlepack' using LDD (lego digital designer) and has 3 foot soldiers, a metal colossus and a ballista that fires. I designed this set so that if bought in multitudes of 10 or more, an army could be created (hence the name 'Ebon army battlepack'). It takes a few weeks for it to upload itself into the gallery, so you won't be seeing it in your toy shelves any time soon. It costs USD 12.61 or if you're from sweden it costs SEK 124.93 ( which is cheap compared to some items in the gallery that can cost over a $1,000.00!

Edit: The is now up for sale and can be found here.

7 comments:

LS said...

La, great post! Are those robots really 3 foot? I looked at the pieces and it looks like normal-sized Lego bricks, so I would estimate them at about 8-10 inches at the most. How many pieces are included in the set? I think that decides the price, right?

O.K. said...

Haha, I misread "3 foot" as referring to the height too, but quickly realized that 3 is the number of foot soldiers. Otherwise it would be _very_ cheap at $12...:)
Good design, LA! How about some color, or do you like them grey?

The good thing about Lego digital designer is that you don't have spend most of the time searching for the pieces you want, and you never run out of them. This, in my opinion, is its drawback as well. For me a lot of the fun is the process of adjust and adapt the design to overcome the limits, like a lack of pieces in the shape or color you want. Lego hacking, sort of...

Post more of your Lego designs, LA!

LS said...

OK, I read it wrong too. Three foot soldiers, I get it now!

LA said...

Actually they are supposed to b black and grey because Ebon in latin is 'dark' and these are suppossed to be the 'bad guys'.

LS said...

Like Ebony - the black wood!

LA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LS said...

LA, that is pretty cool. A design you made are now being sold from the Lego web store! I wonder how many custom designs there are and which ones that sell the best?