Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Stamp of the Day: The Year of the Rat

A new stamp from the US celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year. 2008 is also the Year of the Rat in the Chinese calendar.
"People born in the Year of the Rat are said to be industrious, adaptable and ambitious. The Year of the Rat begins Feb. 7, 2008, and ends Jan. 25, 2009." (link)

I love these kinds of Chinese lanterns, especially red ones. I have a favorite store in New York, Pearl River, where they sell hundreds of different kinds of lanterns like this. Not only that, they also have beautiful sushi plates and really cool lunch boxes (I am just afraid they would leak).

1 comment:

EH said...

I love their gold fish bowl lantern, I would like to have that!

The stamp is fantastic. I think my first impression of China must have been when I was a kid and saw Marco Polos Vogaye to China in a TV serie.