Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Early morning on Wreck Beach

Sunrise in the east, over Vancouver city.
Wreck beach, the only nude beach in Vancouver, but it was empty when I was there early this morning.
Wrecked logs, some really large.
When I was standing here looking at a great blue heron (I think), a bald eagle suddenly flew over me, all quiet. Those are really majestic birds!
The tide was out so kelp and seagrass on the rocks were above water.

Update: The day after the walk down to the beach I woke up with horrible pain in my legs. To get to the beach you have to walk down a steep, steep path that probably has at least 150 wooden stair steps in a nice conifer forest with lots of lush ferns. To get back up the cliff you have to walk up the same way. It is not easy, but certainly worth it.

No comments: