Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Film is dead?

While at Wegman's the other day(its a grocery store) I saw the notice: "Last day for film developing, Aug. 9" It gave me pause,and not just because it was my birthday that was the "end of film"

I know some here have proudly proclaimed "Film is dead", I'm not sure I agree, but it is certainly waning. If you poke about online there are big groups still into film. At the New Hope Auto show this past weekend I saw several people with 35mm slr's. I usually see a fair number at the various railroad things I frequent. I see younger people with them, it is not just older people still hanging onto film.

Film is dead, long live film!

1 comment:

LS said...

I don't think film will die, it will continue to life in art and among purists and people that like more of a challenge than digital and Photoshop. But I like my digital camera, especially since I don't have to worry about the cost to develop film.