Wednesday, October 23, 2013

On the cinema



The life of Monica Zetterlund is presented on the cinema. She was a fantastic jazz singer and her music is loved by many. The other interesting thing here is the cinema "Bio Kontrast". In this case (our town) the city hall also have a concert hall, which is used for movies. When I grew up, I could see, for example, French and Russian films on Bio Kontrast, in a small cinema in the library basement in my old home town. These movies were not the mainstream movies, but a bit peculiar. Like Koyaanisqatsi and Pica Pica about magpies, not a word spoken).

1 comment:

LS said...

I love Monica's music and her acting in the 1960s-1970s movies too. I just read a biography about her that made me reevaluate her music (to even more positive!). I would love to see this movie too, but it will be hard here in the US.

Funny that you mentioned those two movies at the end of your blog posts. I know lots of people love them, but I think they are among the two most boring movies ever made :) If I saw them today, I think I would still think the same. :)