Saturday, May 29, 2010

Remnants of life


I was reminded yesterday how fragile life is, how little you can take for granted, and how fast someone can be gone, unexpectedly, suddenly, and tragically. We often forget to enjoy the moment, to dare to be happy, and to express those little things we appreciate in each other, because we probably think there will be better times to express this soon or later, or we are too stressed, too hurried, or too fragmented thinking about everything in our busy brains. Sometimes there won't be a later time, sometimes someone will just be gone. So next time we see something nice or think something nice about someone, we should take a step back and look at it, admire it, and tell that person that positive thought. I believe this will make the world a better and happier place. Peace to all.

I will miss you, CK.

2 comments:

EH said...

You´re so right, everyday is a gift and the present is all we have really. Thinking ahead and thinking back can make you forget the moment. Life is precious. Being around kids a lot helps, they know how to live in the present.
I´m sorry for you and the loss of your friend.

O.K. said...

You put words to my thoughts, although I might not always manage to act according to them. I'll improve.